Give the Gift of Health – 14 Gift Ideas!
Ho Ho Ho! It’s holiday time – which means celebrating and merriment and gift giving. Do you have someone on your list that you really care about and want to get them the best gift ever?! What better gift is there than the gift of health.
I have rounded up some of my favorite healthy holiday gift ideas for 2015 to help you get your holiday shopping done! And don’t worry if you missed out on Black Friday and Cyber Monday – many of these companies are offering special holiday deals right now!
The best part of all – I’m giving away over $600 worth of my favorite healthy holiday gifts! You can enter right over here.
Give the gift of glowing & beautiful skin. For someone who deserves to be pampered!
Chapter 5 of my book The Perfect Metabolism Plan encourages people to reduce the amount of toxins in our lifestyle – because toxins can contribute to stubborn weight gain & higher disease risk. One sneaky way that chemicals are getting in – are through our skincare products. So cleaning up our personal care products is important.
That is why I love Annmarie Gianni Skincare products – their products are organic and completely non-toxic, and smell great. I have been using them for about a month, and every time I wash my face – I feel like I have been to a spa. And what can I say about their coconut honey mask – it makes my skin feels as soft as baby’s bum.
Annemarie Gianni has gifts for all budgets, too!
- The Annmarie Balance Gift Set -$160.00. This skin care gift set is great for all skin types and will help keep your skin in perfect balance! Includes an Aloe-Herb Facial Cleanser, Ayurvedic Facial Scrub, Neroli Toning Mist, Herbal Facial Oil for Normal and Combination Skin, & Purifying Mud Mask – which all work together to leave your skin fresh, moisturized, and glowing.
- The Annmarie Travel Essentials – $24.95. This kit contains the Rosemary Peppermint Body Wash, Coconut Body Oil and Radiant Skin Silk Body Lotio
n – which all work together to leave your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. Using these products in your daily routine is also an amazing aromatherapy experience.
- Annmarie Gianni Sample Kits* – these are great stocking stuffers!
- Skincare sample kit: $10 each – Give Ann Marie Gianni skincare a try – with sample kits.
- Sunscreen sample: $5 each – created for people who want to protect their skin from the sun’s rays without exposing themselves to harmful chemicals found in most commercial sunscreens.
2: Kraut Source Fermenting Gift Set
Give the gift of healthy digestion, moods, and immunity.
Studies show that eating fermented foods can support a healthy gut – which is linked to many health benefits ranging from better digestion to weight balance, improved moods, better immunity – and more!
I love Kraut Source fermenting jars – because they are designed to keep the veggies under the brine which is important when making fermented foods. They also have a lot of really good recipes and videos on their site too!
- The Kraut Source Holiday Gift Pack $56.00 (usually $70.00), Includes a fermentation kit (one Kraut Source, one quart-size Mason jar, 4 oz pack Celtic Sea Salt, and a pack of organic spices, a handmade maple wood pounder, a jar opening gripper.
3: Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil
Give the gift of sparkling clean teeth, fresh breath and detoxification!
Did you know that studies show that coconut oil is an effective way to combat tooth decay? (Read this BBC article to learn more.) Oil pulling is also a great way to detoxify – and has a rich history in Ayurvedic cleansing traditions. This uniquely formulated oil protects tooth enamel and dental fillings while it removes plaque, freshens breath, and whitens teeth, naturally. Skinny & Co also offers high quality cold pressed alkaline coconut oil for cooking and eating, and wonderfully silky and decadent coconut based moisturizing skincare items too.
- The Skinny Coconut Oil Pulling Kit – $30.00. Includes an 8.5 oz Skinny Oil Pulling Jar – infused with blue peppermint leaf oil & a proprietary blend of essential oils, SKINny Lip Balm, a 100% Natural Bamboo Spoon to reach every drop, plus a How-To Oil Pull Guide.
- Other nice gift options include the Skinny Beauty Box ($90.00) & the Skinny Facial box ($58.00)
4: Four Sigma Foods Mushroom Coffee
Give the gift of über healthy coffee – superfood mushroom coffee!
The ‘fun guys’ at Four Sigma foods are bringing you the superfood powers of fungi (mushrooms) combined with coffee – to make a delicious superfood drink. They are in convenient on-the-go packets, so you can take your superfoods on the road with you!! Mushrooms are adaptogenic – meaning they adapt to meet our bodies needs to best support our health – such as reducing stress and boosting immunity.
- Mushroom coffee with cordyceps – $15. Mushrooms are adaptogenic – so they adapt to help reduce stress and boost immunity. Cordyceps are known to support for the adrenal glands. With half the caffeine, double the effects (40 milligrams of caffeine per dose), you have less acidity than regular coffee – no more stomach burn.
- Reishi Tea – $35. For relaxation and deep sleep. Reishi mushroom is generally known as “the queen of mushrooms” due to its body-and-mind balancing properties. This ancient mushroom drink calms you down and ensures better sleep by naturally regulating the hormonal system and lowering cortisol levels. Contains 20 packets.
Walk into one of the 6 Beaming Superfood stores in Southern Cal – and you will instantly know that you are going to be taken care of with the highest quality clean juices, smoothies, superfood salads, soups and yummy muffins and snacks! Everything they do is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants – and also super delish. I love that their cleanses are not just juice cleanses, and they know the importance of healthy fat to manage hunger hormones and boost the metabolism. So don’t worry about doing their cleanses – you will NOT be hungry. Maybe someone one your gift list deserves a 1 day reset, or perhaps they are needing a 21 day reboot!
- Beaming Gift card – holiday special – buy a $100 gift card for $80.
- Beaming Superfood Smoothie Kit – $75.00. Contains all of the ingredients needed for you to blend and experiment to your heart’s (and body’s) content – Superfood smoothie blend and superfood protein blend, as well as a smoothie ebook and 2 protein powder packets.
- The mini purse pack essentials – $12.00 (great stocking stuffer). Want to know the sign of a true foodie? They carry around their own high quality mineral-rich salt to season their foods – this purse pack of essentials contains 2 different kinds. And if you want to avoid the blue, pink and white sweetener packets – you will have your low glycemic coconut sugar with you too! I just LOVE the Beaming purse pack of essentials!
- Beaming’s Signature Cleanse – Starts at $85.00. A great way to detox from the holidays and let the body release some unwanted water retention and toxins – choose the one that suits your needs best – perfect for getting ready for New Years!
6: Yoga Six
Do you know someone that loves yoga, or has been wanting to give it a try? Or just needs to de-stress? Give him/her the gift of relaxation, flexibility, strength and more!
The 6 in Yoga Six refers to the 6 results of a consistent yoga practice: Stronger, Leaner, Calmer, Clearer, Braver, Further. With 4 beautiful studios around the San Diego area – and more locations in Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin – Yoga Six is a great place to de-stress your life and support a healthy metabolism! They offer hot yoga, flow deep stretch, boot camp, meditation, and much more!
- Holiday Special – Purchase a $100 Gift Card and get 1 FREE Month of Unlimited Yoga to Give to a Friend!
Give the gift of (BPA free) hydration and protect the environment at the same time – with beautifully designed Mizu.
I encourage all my clients to stay hydrated throughout the day. And one key way to do that – is to carry your water bottle around with you. But I don’t recommend drinking from plastic – because plastics can interfere with hormones and is terrible for the environment. Plus – it is just way more expensive too!
Mizu makes reusable products to hold your drinks – which are designed to help reduce the over abundance of single-use plastics produced and discarded each year. Hot or cold drinks – wine, coffee, and water – Mizu handles it all with ease and beauty! Plus -their insulated bottles will keep your cold beverages cold for 24 hours! This is a practical gift – that anyone can use!
If you have shied away from reusable water bottles because you don’t like the taste – Mizu uses only the highest quality 18/8 food grade stainless steel (has 18% chromium and 8% nickel) – leaves no metal taste and is durable, easy-to-clean and corrosion resistant.
- The Mizu Yoga Kit – $64.95 – For the yogi on your list. All new Mizu yoga gift set includes a multi-use G7 glass bottle (for hot and cold drinks), insulated camp cup (coffee and Moscow Mules), and the zen-inducing M8 “fade” bottle.
- The Mizu Wine Kit – $64.95. For the wine connoisieur on your list. The insulated V8 (800ml) bottle can store an entire bottle of wine at the desired temperature for over 12 hours, and 2-set of stainless steel wine cups provide a stylish yet durable solution to wine drinking outside.
8. The Ab Carver Pro
Exercise Smarter, Not Harder!
I don’t know about you – but I am not a fan of abdominal crunches – and neither is trainer Ben Greenfield (who I interviewed for The Metabolism Summit – coming Feb 1). Check out what his Huffington Post article has to say about crunches (to summarize – they don’t work).
The hot new trend now is to exercise smarter – not harder. So if you want to rock some rock hard abs in just a few minutes at a time – try out the Ab Carver Pro. A bonus – it also works your arms and back at the same time!
- The Ab Carver Pro: $39.99. The kinetic engine provides resistance as you roll it away and assistance on the way back up. This motion works all your abdominals as well as the muscles in your arms. The ultra-wide wheel and performance grips offer stability throughout the completion of your effective core workout.
Help the athlete in your life recover better!
When I interviewed Ben Greenfield on The Metabolism Summit – he had just finished the Tough Mudder – which is 24 hours of extreme endurance exercise. I asked him what he was doing to recover from that, and he told me that he spent an hour that morning on a foam roller – to help his muscles loosen up and recover! The GRID foam roller is uniquely designed with a ‘Distrodensity” three dimensional surface which replicates the feeling of a massage therapist’s hands.
- The TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller: $39.99. – The GRID foam roller is for anybody who wants to move better. Use the GRID for a self-massage and roll through the tight muscles, knots and kinks that prevent feeling good and moving well.
10: Generation UCAN
Do you have an endurance athlete on your list? They might be interested in trying Generation UCAN.
Have you heard of SuperStarch? It is a complex carbohydrate (derived from non-GMO corn) that stabilizes blood sugar so you avoid crashing. It helps you perform better while using fat for fuel. It was discovered to help a boy named Jonah, who had a rare disease, where he could not store carbohydrates – so he needed to eat every 2 hours to live. With SuperStarch he can go 8 hours. It is an all-natural, slow-releasing carbohydrate that provides steady energy and blood sugar levels.
Generation UCAN helps to sustain energy, without a crash – or inhibiting fat-burning. Whether you’re running a marathon, climbing a mountain, competing on the field, or live an on-the-go lifestyle, UCAN is ideal for maintaining steady energy. Try it as a pre-workout snack, a post-workout shake to optimize recovery, between meals to control cravings, or a meal replacement shake.
- Generation UCAN multi-flavor sample pack with blender bottle: $29.75
- Generation UCAN Vanilla Cream Pouch (6 single serve packs): $27.00 – Vanilla Cream UCAN is naturally sweetened with Monk Fruit Extract and enhanced with the highest quality grass fed whey protein isolate.
Use code: HealthyHoliday to save 15%!
What better gift could you give someone that the gift of a healthy metabolism?
I wrote this book because I know so many people are struggling with their weight and health – and doing everything they have been told to do like counting calories, cutting fat, exercising more and eating less – and are frustrated because it is just not working. Believe me, I’ve been there too (I share a lot of my story in the book).
But the truth is – many of these approaches to weight loss simply don’t work, and they could even be making your metabolism AND YOUR OVERALL HEALTH worse!
One tip from the book that might help this holiday season with sugar cravings – and that is to put coconut oil in tea!
- The Perfect Metabolism Plan by Sara Vance: $16.95 – Understand the 10 keys that you need to optimize to reboot and reset your metabolism – the real secret to achieving vibrant health! It also has over 50 recipes and a plan to put it into action.
12. Cocoa Parlor Dark Chocolate – $5.00/bar (great stocking stuffer)
One of the treats that I recommend to clients that are trying to break free from sugar addiction – without feeling deprived is dark chocolate. It is good to have especially this time of year – because you can have a square of dark chocolate when you get tempted by the cookies and treats. But don’t be fooled by beautiful packaging and expensive pricing. Check out this article written by The Food Babe about how even the most expensive chocolates can be made with cheap GMO ingredients and use artificial flavorings!
So – scurry on past the expensive brands with the beautiful gold packaging and red bows – and grab some Cocoa Parlour instead – a great stocking stuffer! Check out the ingredient list on a Cocoa Parlor bar – and you might be surprised to see just 3 ingredients for many of their bars! Unlike many of the chocolate bars on the market – these are made with simplest ingredients – and do not put any soy lethicin into their bars. They also sell raw chocolate bars – which is even better – because it is higher in antioxidants!
I have tried many different brands – and I have to tell you that Cocoa Parlour comes out on top for me. My absolute favorite is their Popped Quinoa bar. I also like their salted almond dark as well – salt, chocolate and almonds – the perfect combo.
13. KivaSun Bison Jerky – $7.99/pack (great stocking stuffer)
High protein gluten free healthy snacking
Not all jerky is created equal – or gluten free. Kiva bison jerky is gluten free, antibiotic free, contains no added hormones, is high in protein, contains no nitrates or nitrites, and tastes great.
- Try the Hatch Chile or Original Flavor & taste the KivaSun difference!
14. The ReFuel Bar – $29.95 (great stocking stuffers)
Balanced mix of protein, fiber and carbs – for healthy snacking
Are you frustrated with bars that are too sweet, or have ingredients that you are trying to avoid like soy, gluten, or dairy? So was I – that is why I created the ReFuel bar! Just the right hint of sweetness (6 grams – from dates), 8 grams of vegan protein (from pea and hemp), and 9 grams of fiber (from chia seeds and a prebiotic fiber – which is food for the probiotics – keeps your tummy bugs happy and fed).
- Special Holiday Deal – Save 30% on all ReFuel Bars! Code HOLIDAY30 should come up automatically. Expires Dec. 16th. Order here.